I wanted to reach out to you with some amazing news about the work we are doing.
In these strange and troubling times, it’s important to share glimmers of hope when they arise. That’s how I felt last month when The New York Times published the opinion piece that I wrote with my friend, fellow OurBrainBank trustee and glioblastoma patient, Jana Bennett, in which we explore how health care and research could be transformed in the US for this most brutal of diseases.
That got me thinking about what we’ve achieved in the two short years since OurBrainBank was launched. Thanks to you, we’ve:
We can work to turn GBM, one of the cruelest and most deadly of cancers, from terminal to treatable through our power – the power of patients.
— Jessica Morris
- Brought together almost 700 people living with GBM who downloaded our app – an astonishing number given the rarity of the disease.
- Gone global – we now operate in the US, UK and Australia.
- Launched the GBM Bill of Rights. This 11-point plan, developed with hundreds of patients, carers and health professionals, lays down a pathway to improved care and outcomes for patients around the world.
- Developed a clinical trial matching service that will help people living with GBM access groundbreaking new treatments.
So, yes, we’ve been busy. But we have much more to do. So many new ideas to pursue, so many more people with GBM to welcome into the fold.
In our op-ed, Jana and I called on politicians to step up the battle against GBM. But we don’t have to wait for them to create a better future – we can do it ourselves! We can work to turn GBM, one of the cruelest and most deadly of cancers, from terminal to treatable through our power – the power of patients.
And so I am asking you to help OurBrainBank attain the next level.
If you have not already, why not consider becoming a sustaining member? Help us build a solid foundation by supporting us with $20 or £20 a month – or whatever you can afford.
Thank you for all you have helped us do. And thank you for all that we have yet to do – with your generous support.
Founder and Chair, OurBrainBank
Living with glioblastoma since January 2016
For one-time contributions:
- US: donate via PayPal or GoFundMe Charity or mail a check to OurBrainBank Inc, P.O. Box 835, Telluride, CO 81435-0835, USA
- UK: donate via PayPal UK or mail a cheque to OurBrainBank UK, 12 Beverley Road London W4 2LP UK
All donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law, and will be issued with a tax receipt.
OurBrainBank US: Registered 501(c)3, tax ID: 82-23072
OurBrainBank UK: Registered Charity 1184699