OurBrainBank Founder Jessica Morris as Princess Leia
Happy Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with you
Are you or a loved one using the OurBrainBank app to help manage your GBM? If so, on Star Wars Day — May the Fourth — please take a photo of yourself as your favorite Star Wars character using the FORCE —eg wielding the OurBrainBank app as a light saber or whatever you like — and post to your social media.
Have you donated to OurBrainBank in May for Brain Tumor Awareness Month? You’re using the FORCE too, thank you. Free free to join the effort and post something creative to your social media.
If you’re not on social media and would like to join in, please send us a photo for our newsletter.
Don’t forget to @OurBrainBank and use hashtags #MayThe4thBeWithYou #StarWarsDay
You can also start your own Star Wars fundraiser (click “I want to fundraise for this”), Alice & Harry raised more than $5000 climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Want to make your own personalized graphic? Here’s how:
– Sign up for a free Adobe spark account https://spark.adobe.com
– Start a project sized for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
– Search templates for “May the 4th” graphic
– Find a photo of your favorite Star Wars character
– Upload the photo to Adobe Spark (select “move freely”)
– Take a photo of yourself roughly facing the same way and upload that
– Use the “shape crop” tool and select the oval, crop your photo
– Move your photo onto the character’s face
– Add text “Use the FORCE: OurBrainBank for glioblastoma” and “Learn more or donate: OurBrainBank.org”
– When you’re done, share to your social media and tag @OurBrainBank.